When it comes time for home renovation, it is best to determine your budget before you speak with your contractor. Do you know how much windows and doors cost to repair or replace? Is it better to have a professional install them or do the job on your own?
Window replacement cost can be beneficial in that it can help offset the cost of your energy bills. Vinyl replacement windows with double or triple panes and low-E coatings can racially lower heating and cooling bills for Canadian residents.
The following blog will provide some insight on how to determine the cost of Oakville windows and doors. We shall provide you with some tips on how to make the right choice for window and door replacement
How Much Do Windows and Doors Cost?
Cost of Entry Doors
The best way to determine the cost of exterior doors for your home is to decide on the material for your replacement exterior doors.
- Fiberglass entry doors are among one of the most popular choices as they do not require a great deal of maintenance and can be made to look like wooden doors. In addition to being stylish, they are also highly insulated and extremely durable. The savings in your energy bills will make up for the initial cost.
- Steel doors are inexpensive so a lot of homeowners consider them for door replacement. However, they tend to warp and rot easily, so they require a lot of upkeep, which can cancel out the savings.
- Wooden doors are ideal for a contemporary flair and have always been a popular choice for Canadian homeowners. However, they do not last as long as fiberglass doors and require a great deal of maintenance.
- Additional features such as glass paneling, extra locks, sidelights, and security lights can add to the cost of your exterior doors.
Cost of Replacement Windows
There are many factors that play into the cost of window replacement.
- Just like doors, the materials can influence the cost. Wooden windows, like wooden doors, are popular for those with traditional-style homes. However, if energy efficiency is the main concern, vinyl windows are the best choice for window replacement.
- The type of glass you choose also plays into the cost of windows. Single pane windows are the least expensive option. However, unlike double or triple pane windows, they do not provide optimal energy efficiency. Inert gases such as argon or krypton can be inserted into double and triple pane windows to prevent condensation. As well, low-E coatings can help keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- The design of the window is also a factor. Single or double-hung windows are the least expensive, but they are not as energy efficient as awning or casement windows, which are designed with a compression seal for increased energy efficiency. Fixed windows such as picture windows or bay and bow windows may cost a bit more but are worth it if you are going for artistic flair.
- Added features such as window grills, enhanced locking mechanisms, window shape, color and size, and decorative glass options can also affect the final cost of your windows.
- Installation is another factor to take into consideration. Full window replacement will cost more than just replacing the window glass.
Need more info on how much do windows and doors cost? Give TH Windows and Doors Oakville a call today. We have the best selection of energy-efficient windows and quality doors in Oakville and the surrounding area. Contact us today for a free quote for new doors and windows.